CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fill your alcove with 'letters' from long ago...


I scanned special letters; saved the originals behind the framed copies! Find used frames at Good-Will or antique stores; collect the all in one special place. It's not costly; it's heart-warming.

This letter was sent to me April 11, 1962 - 46 years ago.

With this letter, came a tiny decorative jar filled with dried roses - those roses had been my great grandmother's mother's jar - still fragrant.

I use my favorite
perfume to revitalize the
odor; put the lid on - open each morning, and
think of great grandmother
Grace. I can re-read her loving words where
I've hung that copy for all to
see how wonderful she
was.


I often frame the original cards; photo-cards that have come from my niece in Michigan - all grouped in another special place. In fact, I keep the latest photo-card of her two children right over the thermostat in our home; every time I set the temperature, I smile......